- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Leadership Directory
- Committee on Ministry Survey
- Dollars and Sense at UUCW
- 2013 Annual Congregational Meeting
Robin Caracciolo, Director of Religious Education (DRE)
At the UUCW, Religious Education is all about community!
Check out the RE Blog
RE Mission Statement
The mission of the Religious Education program at UUCW is to promote a welcoming and inclusive community which values children and youth. Guided by the UU Principles, we strive to nurture the spiritual development of our children and youth and empower them to act on their beliefs.
We design our RE program to foster in children and their families a sense of belonging to an interdependent web. For children, an understanding and appreciation of that web begins with the awareness that this congregation and this RE program loves and values them as individuals. As they participate in small classes, and in activities that involve the entire Sunday School and the congregation, they develop friendships and the desire to care for those around them. They also gain the confidence and security that result from knowing you are accepted for who you are and that you will be cared for when times get tough. Through RE social justice projects and community service opportunities, our children and families extend their commitment outward into the Worcester community and the world beyond. They grow to recognize themselves as Unitarian Universalists whose responsibility it is to ask questions, to seek their own truth, to work for justice and peace in the world, and to keep the web vibrant and strong.
In deciding what we want our children to learn during their years in Sunday School, the Religious Education Committee has identified five areas. These are:
- a grounding in UU principles, history, and traditions
- a study of the Judeo-Christian stories and themes which have shaped our culture and our own UU tradition
- a hands-on study of social justice and social action
- a study of ethics, of how to make decisions and to live as a UU
- a celebration of the diversity of world religions and of the common threads that join us all.
|2013-2014 RE Prospectus||536.64 KB|
|Volunteer Application||37.79 KB|
|Code of Ethics||10.92 KB|
|Spirit Play Brochure||47.58 KB|